IEC Service & Maintenance
IEC has been supplying biomass fuels and renewable heating solutions to the commercial sector especially in the poultry industry, for more than 10 years. With over 250+ biomass boilers systems installed and serviced, you can rely on us to get the best out of your biomass boiler over the longest time possible.
IEC Heat Solutions service and maintenance provision can provide regular boiler servicing to commercial biomass boilers, as well as access to emergency, routine and out of hours maintenance and support. Our biomass engineers will optimise your organisation’s boiler performance, minimise downtime, maximise heat output and thereby protect your RHI support payments.
Commercial biomass boilers require more attention than gas or oil boilers and should be cleaned and serviced regularly to ensure boiler efficiency. IEC engineers have the knowledge and experience to diagnose faults and recognise when parts are worn and need replacing in order to reduce costly breakdowns and downtime.
About our Services
How frequently your boiler requires servicing will depend on numerous factors such as the type and size of the boiler, usage, and fuel. Our expert engineers will assess your biomass heating system and advise you on the best service interval to suit your needs.
Depending on your heat consumption we would recommend either
- 6-8 Week interval (Poultry)
Our standard service includes:
Empty burn chamber
Test water quality and hardness
Visible check on all wiring
Clear boiler heat exchanger tubes
Test pressure switches
Test operation on all e-stops
Test negative pressure
Check PT 100's connections
Test temperature sensors & probes
Test motors, fans & air intakes
Test accumulation/expansion tanks
Test all safety switches
Clean filters on control cabinets
Test fire suppression
Clean boiler viewing windows
Check system pressure
Check motor & gearbox mountings
Check mains water pressure
Draught fan inspection/test
Check all system pipes for water leaks
Check fan controls & fixing
Clean water filters/ strainers
Test stoker motor alignment
Replace gland seals if necessary
Check oil levels in gear boxes
Check levers & locks
Check and grease all bearings
Check pumps for leaks and noise
Check bearing seals
Check for wear on bearings
Tidy up & clean boiler room area
Benefits of our service
- Energy Efficiency – optimises the biomass boilers performance, resulting in savings of up to 35% on running costs.
- RHI Compliance – allows you to easily demonstrate compliance with RHI regulation requirements to regularly service and maintain your installation
- Reliability – Prevents boiler and system issues by being proactive and catching problems before they occur
- Longevity – Ensures the biomass boiler runs efficiently for longer by using approved, genuine parts.
- Safety – assures the biomass boiler is operating safely, by checking and maintaining all biomass boiler safety devices
- Technical Phone Support – quick and expert biomass boiler advice available over the phone from one of our experienced technical engineers, to resolve biomass boiler issues without the need of a site visit.
- Reactive maintenance during service.
- Out of hours on-call service for remote and on-site technical support
- Support for managing planned and reactive maintenance, parts supply, and technical support