South Lynch Estate, HampshireCommercial
IEC has designed and installed a 2mW biomass system, capable of burning a selection of different fuels, to heat a 2200-acre farm estate’s contract drying operation.
Full turnkey package comprising two x 995kW LIN-KA biomass boilers which are linked to 2 x 1000 kW heat exchangers, plus an 18m long bale table, capable of holding 14 Hesston bales side by side. IEC also worked with the farm estate team to modify an existing shed to become a suitable energy building and completed all the biomass related plumbing and electrical work.
- Significant savings on the cost of heating such a large-scale drying operation.
- The contract drying operation has become more energy efficient and sustainable.
- Installation has been designed to allow easy connections for potential plans to provide heating to a continuous flow dryer and district heating system in the future.
- Genuine multi-fuel boilers and fuel feeder system provides the flexibility to choose the cheapest biomass fuels available.
- Installation qualifies for the RHI and will attract payments totalling approximately £3.2million at the end of the 20-year scheme.
South Lynch Estate is putting the multi-fuel system to the test by burning a variety of different options, including straw and their own woodchip. The team plans to continue switching between different biomass fuels based on what is readily available and on any future price fluctuations.